Abandoned Rails


 

Virginian Railway Shops

Princeton, West Virginia

 

The following images were taken in and around the former Virginian shop complex in Princeton, West Virginia.  The Princeton Shops served as the Virginian's primary maintenance and repair facility.  Both locomotives and cars were serviced and repaired here, with some freight cars and cabooses even being built in Princeton.  The shops continued to function in various capacities after the Virginian's merger with the N&W in 1959.  The facility remained active throughout the N&W era and even under Norfolk Southern for a period of time.  However the shops eventually fell silent and the primary shop building was demolished in November 2006.   

 

All photos Copyright 2005-06 Jeff Hawkins

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright 2002- | Jeff Hawkins

All copyrights are the property of their respective owners.